BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Bloginator


Dear Readers,

I've been blogging now for a little more than a month and a half though not a lot until the last couple of weeks. I didn't think it would be for me. As I wrote in my first post, I didn't really know what to blog about and I didn't think I would be very consistent in posting but here I am blogging away and loving it.

I was talking online to a friend and coworker and asked him what he was up to and he responded "Blogging".
"You're whating?"
"You know blogging" and he sent me the link to his blog.
This got me thinking...I don't really know what a blog is or what I'm supposed to do with it but hey what the heck. Nobody is going to read it anyways right?

I wrote the first few post just trying out my wings as a "blogger" with the thought that the only one that would ever read them would be my friend and I. I just blogged about well..blogging and Mother's Day and my birthday and The Crazy Mamas. Then on a shopping trip with the Mamas I mentioned that I had a blog. The Mamas requested the link basically so they could see what I had wrote about them. So after a few changes to the Crazy Mama post;) I surrendered the link.

The response to what I had written was overwhelmingly positive so I thought hmmm they like it, no s*#@. So I posted another and then another. The Mamas were eating them up so I decided to share with a few more friends. I thought maybe they were just being nice saying that the posts made them laugh. Or maybe they only think its funny because they know me and know that what I was writing was real. That my 2.5 year old does indeed wake up every morning with a diaper full of poop and the Mamas' descriptions are pretty dead on.

When people started completing my surveys from the survey post I realized it was more than just the Mamas reading. I wanted to know how many people were reading so I added a Live Traffic Feed to my blog. People from all over were stopping by but I couldn't tell how many.

After I posted "Long Day at The Donut Shack" I started to get a few comments and the Mamas were still praising and I really wanted to know how many people were checking my blog. I added a StatCounter to the bottom of my blog. In one week I had 200 hits. Holy crap! People really want to read what I am posting. That added a little pressure to be interesting.

Finally I posted the link to my blog on my Facebook page and invited even more people to tune into my ramblings and still more positive feedback. I'm pretty excited. I love reading the comments (even the dog park lady) and hope I can deliver more entertaining posts to keep you entertained.

I can't wait to watch my StatCounter show more hits and read more comments. If you have a topic you would like to read my thoughts on please drop it in the comment section and we'll see what I come up with. Thank you for reading and laughing and coming back for more.

Sincerely,
The Bloginator

0 comments: