BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire


I absolutely despise liars. Hate them. I have been lied too more times than I can count and that drives me nuts. Why do people lie? Do they think it’s going to keep them out of trouble? Chances are very good that if I find out you lied to me you are soooo not going to be staying out of trouble. In fact the rathe you will endure for lying to me is probably twice that of the actual crime you are trying to get out of.

I married a liar. Scratch that, I married the king of all liars. He was the king, until I caught him and knocked him clean off his throne (and kicked him in his family jewels a few times too). That was the worse part of my marriage ending. Knowing that I had been lied to for years and years about all kinds of things. Turns out I didn’t really know this creep I married at all.

People lie about the stupidest crap too. I have a certain relative that just lies for the sake of lying. He isn’t lying to get out of a sticky situation. He is just lying because he has lied so much in the past that he doesn’t know how to tell the truth. Or maybe he lies because his life is so boring and uneventful that he needs to spruce it up a bit. Buddy, I think you are even less cool when you lie to me especially since it is so very clear you are feeding me B.S.

Telling the truth is such a much better way to go. I sometimes get my self into trouble for being as honest as I am. Sorry (well not really), if I am brutally honest rather than gently deceptive. I think brutal truths hurt less than lies because they aren’t fabricated. I don’t sit and deliberately try to deceive a person knowing that there is a good chance that A. They are going to find out the truth anyway or B.They will find out that I lied to them and be hurt more.

Not everyone I come to meet appreciates my honesty, including my family. Some of them are such good(bad) liars and story tellers that they think that is the way to go. They aren’t sparing anyone’s feelings by what they do. They are just worried about having a better story to tell. So what if that means changing the story completely or adding bits that didn’t really happen? This frustrates me to no end.

I don’t hand other people the truth and not expect some brutal truths to come my way. I am not perfect so lets not lie about it. I’m a big girl, I can handle it. There is that saying, “The truth hurts”. It might but a lie hurts so much more.

1 comments:

manincamo said...

your speaking my language