BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rubba Dub Dub I Can't Relax In The Tub


If you asked just about any working woman with 3 kids, what they do with an hour of free time I think the majority would say they would like to take a nice relaxing bubble bath...Not this chick. I hate baths.

It's not that I don't like to bathe or anything like that it's just the thought of sitting in a pool of my own filth repulses me. I don't see what is so relaxing about getting buck naked to freeze off any body part that may not be totally submerged in water. Or if you have a super hot bath that is capable of heating the entire bathroom, you sit there and sweat. "Boy, do I ever feel clean now that I have sat here and perspired". I just don't get the appeal.

Now, provided I had a larger tub than I do I would not be opposed to having a "bath" ;) with someone else (an adult of the opposite sex that is). That may bring baths up a few notches in my books. However, I would still feel the need for a shower after the bath.

Another thing, what is so great about a bath with bubbles? Sure they were great fun to play in and make bubble beards out of as a child but as a grown woman I am at a loss to see what the fuss is about. To me bubbles do little than make for a slimy film to cover your entire "freshly bathed" body that you don't rinse off.

What are you supposed to do in the tub? The thought of shaving in the tub makes me puke in my mouth a little. Just chilling out as your leg hair floats around you - yeah that feels clean. Sleeping poses some risk of drowning. Reading puts your collection of romance novels in jeopardy of ending up damp. I can't get caught up on housework from the tub (ha! Right). If I don't want to experience an electrical shock that could send me into my next life it's probably not a good idea to try to save time by styling my hair in the tub. I can't bake from the tub and anyway eating in the tub just adds the possibility that crumbs may end up stuck to places I don't really want crumbs to be stuck. I can only sit and stare at my shower walls (that need scrubbing) for so long.

I am much more a shower person. I could stand in a shower for an hour easily and when I'm done I can feel a sense of accomplishment. I can successfully multitask by prepping one area for shaving while letting shower head rinse off another. I can wipe down my shower walls while I rinse my hair. I can come out of the shower feeling squeaky clean without any kind of filmy residue coating my body but most importantly I can be glad that no water that touched my ass came anywhere near my face.

So give me an hour of time to do what I please and I will tell you to clear the way I"m going to have myself a steaming hot productive shower. You can keep your damn bubbles.

4 comments:

JessS said...

too funny. because i thought i was the only one who felt this way about baths!

Anonymous said...

Ha!! Love it your not alone... Although I am a bath person, I have heard stories from people who HATE baths just as much as you. I believe that the best way to go is to take a shower after the bath to get the access residue off your body. Then to think of it maybe next time I'll opt to use my "ME" time to take a shower... because no matter how clean you are there is always this weird ring around the tub after a bath... YUCK!!

Have a blessed day my fellow SITSa... visit me at www.suso4real.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Me too! I have never liked baths. Totally a shower person.

Here from SITS! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

It sounds like a wonderful tub.Stopping by from SITS!